Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stash Angel - Gifts from the heart


Thank you Angel Connie for the lovely Stash goodies!

Been super duper busy the last few weeks doing Spring cleaning and haven't gotten much fun stuff done so have been feeling the weight of the domestic goddess routine! But the other day a wonderful suprise came in my mailbox and I wanted to share with you.

I belong to a group that fosters mentors and apprentices in the needle arts. The group also has a designated area of ladies called Stash Angels. Anyone who's just started out in a craft knows what it is to need stash. It takes a long time and a more than a few cents to gather up a working stash; so these ladies just send stash items to newbies like me!
Isn't it really wonderful that there are people in the world who care about a stranger having enough 'goodies' to get started in a new craft?
This entire group of ladies, from the Stash Angels to the Mentors to the Apprentices are loving, giving and so very generous with their time, their friendship and yes....their STASH!


I don't have a digital camera anymore but am going to attempt to load up a scan or two of the goodies I received from Connie, my Stash Angel. The scans don't do these beautiful trims, beads and fabrics justice, and there was much more that I could not get onto my scanner bed, but I still want to show you what I received. Cannot wait to use them!
If you are interested in learning to crazy quilt, embellish and/or embroider; or already know how but want to join a really fun group of crazy ladies, look for us on Yahoo Groups. We're "Stitchmap"! We'd love to meet you!
Di








1 comment:

  1. Great post,Di! I'm sorry I hadn't been by your blog before! Blogging is new to me and you can really get lost traveling around. You are doing a great job here. I'll be back now that I found you. Ruby

    ReplyDelete