Thursday, April 16, 2009

Other kinds of craft. Like gardening for instance...


I may not be doing so hot on the Crazy Quilting so far but I reminded myself I also like to garden (that's a craft, right?) and make candles etc.








This is a picture of part of the garden I had when I lived in Australia. The round tank you see in the pics is a water tank. I lived in South Australia which is the driest state on the driest continent on earth. Therefore, you see water tanks in almost every back garden.




It's been cold here in middle Tennessee for the past few days, so thought I'd liven myself up (and anyone else who's stuck in the cold in mid April!) with some flowers.



If ya can't pick 'em, post 'em!

The peach rose is a close up of one my roses that I used as a label on my handmade rose facial cleanser. I had 28 rose bushes and a nice big variety of other bushes and flowers, plus lavender and other herbs. I used them all for my handmade bath and beauty products and my potpourri. I no longer have time to garden but have planted a half dozen rose bushes and a few other things that aren't doing so well in the climate I'm in now. Maybe my thumb isn't so green after all, LOL
Ciao for now...Di




No comments:

Post a Comment