Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby blanket




Just when I was establishing a comfort zone, I've broken away from it. The first baby boy our family has expected in 57 years will be born to my eldest niece in August, so as a first-time great-aunt I felt it was my duty and pleasure to make him a baby blanket.



I was inspired by a wonderful Australian needlework magazine aptly named Inspirations. A photo of my hand-traced pattern for the needlework is shown . The instructions call for using long and short stitch on the bears but because I have no experience with those stitches I decided to needle punch the bears. I did manage to do the long and short stitch on the boy bear's t-shirt and I've started the cupcake. The hibiscus flowers are a pinwheel buttonhole stitch. I have a long way to go. Good thing Baby isn't arriving til August!












No comments:

Post a Comment