Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Heart with Silk Ribbon Embroidery




This is my first attempt at silk ribbon embroidery. I've scanned the heart cushion and squished the flowers but this will give you an idea of what I've been doing.

I find silk ribbon embroidery more forgiving as a newbie embroiderer but am determined to learn to do both, well.

I used a combination of silk ribbons from Ribbonsmyth, Hand-dyed-fibers.com and Bucilla. Mostly utilizing the 4 mm width, which I find easiest to control so far.

2 comments:

  1. hello, just foound you through stitchin fingers. Love your stuff. this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katie! You are too generous - I'm pretty clumsy as yet but it's very encouraging to get a lovely comment like yours. Hope to see you in stitchin fingers! Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete