Monday, July 13, 2009

Mid-July and a stitch or two




Time flies by sometimes. It's been almost a month since I posted last, and the photos from last month remind me that I haven't gotten much done on my block. Gardening and painting the porch and shutters has kept me busy during the day and I can't see well enough at night to stitch, even by good lamplight, but here are 3 photos of what I have gotten done.

The far right top photo is my first attempt at the Knotted Herringbone stitch. This stitch was week #29 of the weekly "Build a Seam" challenge that Kerry at http://kerrykatiecakes2.blogspot.com/ . Check out her blog if you haven't yet. You'll learn lots of great stitches! You can join from the first stitch, in the middle or start at the end - it's just for yourself - so have fun with it.

Week #30 was the "Meandering Ribbon" challenge, which you also see on my block (pink and lavender ribbon with glass iridescent leaf beads). That challenge was to make a ribbon just meander along a seam.

To be honest, I am waiting impatiently for winter. It's too hot, too humid and too buggy for me in the south in the summer. I want to curl up in my chair with my stitching and home made soup simmering on the stove-top. We have a/c but it's not the same. I need it cold and blowing outside. It won't get cold here until about November :(.

So to those of you, who like me are in the minority, and love winter - hang tough this summer.

Ciao,
Di


No comments:

Post a Comment